Published on: November 8, 2021
SNIPPETS – 8 NOVEMBER 2021
- Scientists and advocates point to polar bears, marked as “threatened” on the endangered species list, as the white-hot warning signal for the rest of the planet. Arctic sea is getting heated more faster than other regions because of the process called Arctic Amplification.
- The overnight rain in chennai that lasted recently was reportedly the heaviest since 2015. It was due to Northern west monsoon and cyclonic circulation’s in Bay of Bengal
- Bathukamma festival was screened on Burj Khalifa. It is a floral festival celebrated predominantly by the Telangana and some parts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Politicisation of Ban on Chhath Pooja is being witnessed. It is a Hindu festival dedicated to the Sun god and his wife Usha in order to thank them for bestowing the bounties of life on earth.
- In a bid to expand research in electrical vehicle technology, the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, has launched laboratories at the Centre for Automotive Research and Tribology (CART). These labs will conduct battery research and work on charging infrastructure and automotive health monitoring.
- Indian boxer Akash Kumar became the 7th Indian male boxer who won a medal at the World Boxing Championships held in Belgrade, Serbia