Swachhata Special Campaign 2.0
where to purchase cytotec oral cheap Why in news?
http://peterstarkauthor.com/magazine-articles/ Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Bhupendra Yadav inspected the “Swachhata” Special Campaign 2.0 at the Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History under the MoEF&CC. Cleanliness and good governance are the key pillars of this campaign.
- As part of the campaign, SACON initiated segregation of all the scrap (files, metal items, e-waste, old records, plastic items, chemical bottles etc.) and is disposing it in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Cleanliness drive was carried out in the entire campus with focus on laboratories, workspaces, library.
What is SACON ?
- The Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON) is a national centre for information, education and research in ornithology and natural history in India.
- It was inspired by and named in honour of Salim Ali, the leading pioneer of ornithology in India.
- It is an autonomous organisation established in 1990 as a public- NGO partnership between the MoEF&CC, and the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) under the Centre of Excellence Scheme and registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act.
- Its headquarters are at Anaikatti, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- SACON is associated with the Ministry of Environment and Forests
- Its mission is “To help conserve India’s biodiversity and its sustainable use through research, education and peoples’ participation, with birds at the centre stage”.
- Its policy is determined by a 16-member Governing Council.
- Its chairman is the secretary/additional secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- Its president is the Minister for Environment and Forests.