buy gabapentin from india Why in news?
‘ http://psychicevents.co.uk/news Taragiri’, the third stealth frigate of project 17A was launched by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. (MDL) in Mumbai.
- This ship has been built using an integrated construction methodology which involves hull block construction in different geographical locations and integration/erection on Slipway at MDL.
- The keel of Taragiri was laid on September 10, 2020 and the ship is expected to be delivered by August 2025.
- The vessel is being launched with an approximate launch weight of 3510 Tons and is designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house design organisation – Bureau of Naval Design.
- MDL has undertaken the detailed design and construction of the ship which is also overseen by the Warship Overseeing Team (Mumbai).
- The first ship of the Project 17A, ‘Nilgiri’ was launched on September 28, 2019 and expected for sea trials in the first half of 2024.
- The second ship of P17A class ‘Udaygiri’ was launched on May 17 this year and is expected to start sea trials during the second half of 2024. The keel of the fourth and final ship was laid on June 28.
- The 149.02 metres long and 17.8 Meters wide ship, is propelled by a CODOG combination of two Gas Turbines and two main diesel engines which are designed to achieve a speed of over 28 knots at a displacement of approximately 6670 Tons.
- The steel used in Hull construction of P17A frigates is indigenously developed DMR 249A which is a low carbon micro-alloy grade steel manufactured by SAIL.
- the indigenously designed ‘Taragiri’ will have state-of-the-art weapons, sensors, an advanced action information system, an integrated platform management system, world-class modular living spaces, a sophisticated power distribution system, and a host of other advanced features.
- It will be fitted with a supersonic surface-to-surface missile system and the ship’s air defence capability is designed to counter the threat of enemy aircraft and anti-ship cruise missiles will revolve around the vertical launch and long range surface to air missile system.
two 30 mm rapid-fire guns will provide the ship with close-in-defence capability while an SRGM Gun will enable her to provide effective naval gunfire support. And Indigenously developed triple tube lightweight torpedo launchers and rocket launchers will add punch to the ship’s anti-submarine capability.