Published on: April 7, 2022
WORLD HEALTH DAY
World Health Day is celebrated every year on 7 April
- Commemorate the anniversary of the founding of the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948
- Create awareness among people regarding a specific subject of major importance to global health
- Direct global attention toward the well-being of our planet and the humans living on it
THEME FOR 2022 – Our Planet, Our Health
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
- Specialized agency of the United Nations that looks into matters of public health
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland.
- There are 194 Member States, 150 country offices, six regional offices.
- It is an inter-governmental organization and works in collaboration with its member states usually through the Ministries of Health.
- The WHO provides leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.