Published on: February 1, 2022
WORLD NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASES(NTD) DAY
3rd World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day recently observed
buy Lyrica pills DETAILS
- When – January 30
- How did it begin – Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi at the 2019 Reaching the Last Mile Forum, hundreds of partners signed up to mark World NTD Day and demand action to Face NTDs and End The Neglect.
- What are NTD – Diverse group of tropical infections which are common in low-income populations in developing regions of Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
- Examples – Dengue, rabies, blinding trachoma, Buruli ulcer, endemic treponematoses (yaws), leprosy (Hansen disease) etc.
- 1 in 5 people around the world are affected by NTDs.
- India is home to the world’s largest absolute burden of at least 11 of these major neglected tropical diseases.