Published on: September 21, 2021
36TH INTERNATIONAL COASTAL CLEANUP DAY
buy generic neurontin online By : National Ocean Service
- Creating awareness among people to keep beaches clean
- Safeguarding our environment
- Inculcating the habit of respecting the coastlines which ultimately nurtures the marine biodiversity
When : Traditionally held on the third Saturday of September
Theme of 2021: “Keep trash in the bin and not in the ocean”
Celebrations in India
- By : Indian Navy
- Eastern Naval Command undertook Coastal Cleanup Drive at Yarada Beach, Bheemili Beach and other sea fronts within premises of naval units at Visakhapatnam.
- Southern Naval Command observed International Coastal Clean-up Day on with focus on mangrove plantation and clearance of plastic/non-biodegradable waste along waterfront areas in and around Kochi. They undertook clearance of plastic and non-biodegradable waste at different locations spread across the city, coastal areas such as Fort Kochi beach, Thevara waterfront, Willingdon Island, Cherai beach, Bolgatty and around 2 km stretch of the Venduruthy channel while restoring around 1 lakh sqm of mangroves to the pristine condition.