AMAZON KISAN STORE
What is in news : Amazon India announced the launch of Kisan Store.
What : Online platform
Why : Enable farmers of India to get access of more than 8,000 agriculture inputs like farm tools & accessories, seeds, plant protection, nutrition etc.
- Listed by small and medium businesses (SMBs).
- Products will be available at competitive prices on Amazon India and will be delivered at the doorstep of farmers.
- These stores comprise of thousands of products listed from over 20 brands.
- Will be available in languages like Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- Farmers can buy products listed on store using digital payments.
Other services launched :
- Amazon Easy store: Amazon also opened up its network of more than 5,000 Amazon Easy stores for farmers to shop with the help of the store owners. Store owners will help the farmers to browse through the store and identify product they like. They will also help then in creating their Amazon accounts, place orders, and checkout to buy.
- Agronomy Services: Amazon also launched its agronomy services for farmers. It will provide farmers with timely advice and enable them to make accurate decisions regarding the actions required for their crops.