metronidazole or Lurasidone over the counter Why in news?
Taiobeiras The India’s antitrust regulator has fined Alphabet Inc’s Google for “abusing” its dominant position on its Android mobile app store, the second such penalty for the tech giant within days
- The Competition Commission of India ordered Google to “cease-and desist” from anti-competitive practices after it found the company to be “dominant” in the Indian market for licensable operating systems available for smartphones and app stores.
- The regulator also asked Google to not restrict app developers from using third-party billing or payment-processing services.
- Google has been ordered to follow a non-discriminatory policy against other apps that allow payments via a state-backed system known as Unified Payments Interface, or UPI .
- The regulator’s order comes just days after it fined Google for accelerating the dominant position of its Android smartphone operating system in multiple markets.
Competition commission of India
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is the chief national competition regulator in India.
- It is a statutory body within the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and is responsible for enforcing the Competition Act, 2002 to promote competition and prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India.
- The CCI looks into cases and investigates them if the same has a negative impact on competition.
- CCI also approves combination under the act so that two merging entities do not overtake the market.
- The current Chairman of the CCI is Ashok Kumar Gupta .