ARUN HYDRO-POWER PROJECT
Koynanagar Location : Nepal
Misoprostol What is in news : Nepal has inked a USD 1.3 billion deal with Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) of India to develop a 679-megawatt hydropower project in eastern Nepal.
- Second mega venture in Nepal, undertaken by India.
- Single largest foreign investment project.
- Will be developed under build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) model.
- Capacity – 679 MW
- Aim – Assisting people who live closer to hydropower project by uplifting their socio-economic levels by generating employment for locals and boosting local trade & industries
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
- Largest trans-Himalayan River that passes through Nepal.
- Drains into Sapta Kosi river system.
- In Tibet, it is known as Men Qu in upper reaches and as Peng Qu for most of its course towards north of Himalayan crests.
- Form of project delivery method
- Usually used for large-scale infrastructure projects
- Private entity receives a concession from public sector to design, finance, construct, own, and operate a facility