Published on: September 4, 2021
Gulbarga What is in news : Avani Lekhara has become the 1st Indian women to win two Paralympic medals at a single edition of the Paralympics
festively Details :
- Avani Lekhara won a bronze medal in women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions (SH1) event.
- She made history with a third-place finish.
- She had become the first Indian woman to win gold in women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing (SH1) event at the ongoing Paralympics.
- made more history on Friday with a third-place finish in the 50m Rifle 3 Positions event.
- In the 1984 Paralympics, Joginder Singh Sodhi had won multiple medals in single edition of the Games. He clinched one silver and two bronze medals.
- She is an Indian Paralympian and rifle shooter who won a gold medal in 10m air rifle standing as well as a bronze medal in 50m air rifle standing at 2020 Paralympics.
- She is currently ranked at World No 5 in Women’s 10m Air Rifle standing SH1.
- GoSports Foundation has been supporting her through the Para Champions Programme.