Published on: September 28, 2021
AYUSHMAN BHARATH DIGITAL
What is in news : Prime Minister launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Connect the digital health solutions of hospitals across the country with each other.
- Every citizen would now get a digital health ID and their health records would be digitally protected.
About Aysuhman Bharath
- Launched as recommended by the National Health Policy 2017
- Vision – Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Designed on the lines as to meet SDG and its underlining commitment, which is “leave no one behind”.
- Aim: to undertake path breaking interventions to holistically address health (covering prevention, promotion and ambulatory care), at primary, secondary and tertiary level.
- Includes the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
- Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising of two inter-related components, which are:
- Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs).
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- Key Features of PM-JAY:
- It provides cover of 5 lakhs per family per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empaneled hospitals in India.
- Provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service.