Published on: December 21, 2021
BDA MASTER PLAN 2041
Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) has kick-started the process of drafting a fresh master plan for the city by revising the horizon period to 2041.
The vision document —
- Focused on planning and regulating developmental activity especially on the outskirts of Bengaluru — is e
- Expected to steer growth on the principle of creating a ‘compact city’
- Authority follows the RMP 2015, and there are concerns over unchecked and uncontrolled development activities in the city’s peripheral areas.
- RMP is expected to run into seven volumes
- Later volumes will have a bouquet of surveys: on ecology, hydrology, land capacity analysis, heritage and culture.
- Consultant is also expected to provide a city-wide stakeholder consultation report. Another major component will be land-use forecasting.
- Previous master plans did showcase a grand strategy for the city, there were lacunae in their implementation.