BREASTFEEDING THE NEW-BORN
buy modafinil thailand What is in news : The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has promised in its manifesto that maternity as well as paternity leave in Tamil Nadu would be extended to 12 months.
http://thusspeaksaditi.com/wp-config.php_org What does it signifance : The inclusion of husbands in this conversation is incumbent. Both the mother and newborn are vulnerable for the first 12 weeks. Getting used to breastfeeding takes at least 14 days. Therefore, assistance from the partner is indispensable during this time.
UNICEF states that “breastfeeding is among the most effective ways to protect maternal and child health and promote healthy growth and optimal development in early childhood.”
- Greater immunity for children against infection, allergies, cancers and obesity
- Improves brain maturation
- Promotes faster weight loss after birth, reduces postpartum bleeding, and protects her against breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and osteoporosis
- The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) was established in 1991 to create awareness about the importance of breastfeeding.
- In 1992, WABA in coordination with UNICEF introduced World Breastfeeding Week during the first week of August every year.
- India enacted the Infant Milk Substitutes, Feeding Bottles and Infant Foods Act in 1992 with stringent regulations.
- The Lancet show that more investment in breastfeeding could add $300 billion to the global economy and prevent about 8,20,000 child deaths every year.