Published on: March 3, 2023
Bureau of Energy Efficiency
Bureau of Energy Efficiency
mixedly Why in news? Dar‘ā Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE) in building an energy-efficient economy, launched the Star-rated appliances program and also hailed the completion of a decade of PAT Scheme.
- The Star-labelling program formulated by the BEE under the Nunspeet Energy Conservation Act, 2001
- where to buy Seroquel without a prescription Voluntary Star Labelling Programme for multi-door refrigerators, table and wall-mounted fans, pedestal fans, and induction hobs on the BEE’s 21st Foundation Day function.
- This program is expected to save approximately 11.2 billion units of electricity by and will enable the reduction of CO2 emission close to 9 million tonne by 2030
- This programme shall support India to transition towards low carbon sustainable growth and achieve its ambition of net zero by 2070.
- To enhance the impact of PAT, a program namely DEEP (Demonstration of Energy Efficient Project) is being implemented.
- It is Industrial Decarbonization and Energy Efficiency Knowledge-Sharing Platform.
- iDEEKSHA is a platform developed under the Accelerating Smart Power and Renewable Energy (ASPIRE) Technical 1 Assistance Programme
- This is designed to serve as one-stop shop for all energy efficiency and decarbonisation needs of Indian energy-intensive industries.
- It aims to facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge and experience and best practices related to the wide gamut of stakeholders such as industries, industrial associations, technology and service providers, and research institutions
- ASPIRE is a bilateral program implemented by Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office, Government of UK in association with Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- BEE is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- It assists in developing policies and strategies with the primary objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- BEE coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies, and other organizations to identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure, in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.
- The BEE is implementing several other innovative energy efficiency schemes and national programs that have been successfully designed and implemented like the PAT Scheme, Standards and Labelling for Energy Efficient Appliances, Energy Conservation Building Codes (ECBC), Demand Side Management
ABOUT PERFORM , ACHIEVE & TRADE (PAT)
- Launched in 2012
- Cyclic scheme where certain notified energy intensive units having threshold energy consumption are given Specific Energy Consumption (SEC) reduction targets over a cycle of three years
- Sets energy efficiency targets for industries with those failing to achieve the targets having to pay a penalty. The penalty is based on what remains to be achieved in terms of the target.
- Scheme is a part of the BEE’s National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE).