Published on: October 6, 2023
Why in news? India’s first C-295 aircraft, formally inducted into IAF
- The C-295s will gradually replace IAF’s ageing Avro 748 fleet in 2030-31 period.
Manufacturer – Airbus Defense and Space
Maximum Speed – 260 knots
- Capacity up to nine tonnes of payload or as many as 71 troops
- Missions covers from carrying troops and cargo to maritime patrol to signals intelligence and medical evacuation.
- Flight endurance of up to 11 hours, can carry out multi-role operations for all weather conditions.
- It can be used for mid-air refuelling of fixed wing aircrafts and helicopters
- C-295s has Airborne Early Warning with 360-degree coverage of radar