Published on: July 8, 2021
http://choicespregnancycentre.co.uk/unplanned-pregnancy-2/ What is in news : After cabinet expansion, prime minister has brought changes in cabinet committees
Kasba Tadla What are cabinet committees:
- Extra-constitutional bodies
- Rules of Business provide for their establishment
- Works under the Government of India Transaction of Business Rules, 1961 which emerge out of Article 77(3)
- Prime Minister constitutes Standing Committees of the Cabinet and sets out the specific functions assigned to them. He can add or reduce the number of committees.
IMPORTANT CABINET COMMITTEES
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Cabinet Committee on Accommodation.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
- Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs.
- Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs.
- Cabinet Committee on Security.
- Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth.
- Cabinet Committee on Employment & Skill Development.
Note:: All committees except Cabinet Committee on Accommodations and Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs are headed by Prime Minister
Article 77(3)- “The President shall make rules for the more convenient transaction of the business of the Government of India, and for the allocation among Ministers of the said business.”