Published on: March 2, 2023
buy real cytotec Why in news? Sunrise Manor ISRO has successfully conducted the flight acceptance hot test of the CE-20 cryogenic engine for Chandrayaan 3 .
- Power the Cryogenic Upper Stage of the LVM3 launch vehicle for the Chandrayaan-3 mission
- Tested at the ISRO Propulsion Complex, Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu.
- Will further be integrated with the propellant tanks, stage structures and associated fluid lines to realise the fully integrated flight cryogenic stage
- First Indian cryogenic engine to feature a gas-generator cycle
- A cryogenic rocket engine is a rocket engine that uses a cryogenic fuel and oxidizer that is, both its fuel and oxidizer are gases which have been liquefied and are stored at very low temperatures.
- The United States, Russia, Japan, India, France and China are the only countries that have operational cryogenic rocket engines
- The Chandrayaan-3 interplanetary mission has three major modules — propulsion, lander and rover modules. The mission’s complexity calls for establishing radio-frequency (RF) communication links between the modules.
- Chandrayaan-3 is India’s third moon mission and is a follow-on mission to Chandrayaan-2 to demonstrate end-to-end capability in safe landing and roving on the lunar surface
- Aims to study lunar South Pole
- The mission is slated to be launched later this year by Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LMV3) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota