Published on: March 8, 2022
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE
53rd Raising Day celebrations of Central Industrial Security Force was recently celebrated
cross-legged CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE
- One of the Central Armed Police Forces in India
- Unique organisation in the paramilitary forces of India
- Works to provide security cover to over 300 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
- Industrial sectors like atomic power plants, space installations, mines, oil fields and refineries, major ports, heavy engineering, steel plants, barrages, fertiliser units, airports and hydroelectric/thermal power plants owned and controlled by Central Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), and currency note presses
- Set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969 with a strength of 2,800
- Made an armed force of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983
- Among its duties are guarding sensitive governmental buildings, the Delhi Metro, and providing airport security
- Governed by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, and its headquarters are at New Delhi
- Also provides consultancy services to private industries as well as other organisations within the Indian government
- It also plays a major role in Disaster Management
- Has a ‘Fire Wing’ which helps during fire accidents in Industries where the CISF is on guard.