http://jaafaridris.com/tag/does-god-exist/ What is in news : The centre will use Chacha Chaudhary, the popular comic book character, for sensitising children and youths about the cleaning of Ganga and other rivers under National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
http://yesand.co.uk/category/solution-focus/page/2/ Details : At the 37th Executive Committee meeting of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) , Chacha Chaudhary was declared as the mascot of the Namami Gange Programme
- Chacha Chaudhary is an Indian comic book character, created by cartoonist Pran Kumar Sharma.
- The comic comes in ten Indian languages including Hindi and English and has sold over ten million copies.
- Chacha Chaudhary was created in 1971 for the Hindi magazine Lotpot. It soon became popular among kids and the elderly alike.
- Pran was inspired from the ancient philosopher Chanakya and elders people of every village who resides to help and solve problems by their elderly experience.
National Mission for Clean Ganga
- Also known as the National Council for Rejuvenation, Protection, and Management of River Ganga
- Was set up in 2016
- Replaced the National River Ganga Basin Authority (NRGBA).
- Constituted under the provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act (EPA),1986.
- Chaired by Prime Minister
- Overall responsibility for the superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga Basin, including Ganga and its tributaries.
- Registered as a society in 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- The aims and objectives of NMCG are:
- To ensure effective control of pollution and rejuvenation of the river Ganga by adopting a river basin approach to promote inter-sectoral coordination for comprehensive planning and management.
- To maintain minimum ecological flows in the river Ganga with the aim of ensuring water quality and environmentally sustainable development.