Published on: January 11, 2022
hereat Kannada writer and activist Chandrashekhar Patil, popular as Champa, passed away.
- Indian poet, playwright and public intellectual writing in Kannada
- Considered one of the foremost voices of the progressive literary Bandaya movement
- Retired as professor of English from Karnataka University
- Served as the President of Kannada Sahitya Parishat and as the Chairman of Kannada Development Authority
- Was the recipient of Pampa Award, the highest literary honour of the state in 2011. He returned the award in 2015 protesting against the assassination of M.M. Kalburgi, writer
- Started a magazine ‘Sankrama’ along with Giraddi Govindaraj and Siddalinga Pattanashetti