CHAR DHAM DEVASTHANAM MANAGEMENT ACT
http://x-tige.com/designers/de-pietri-active-cashmere-fw13 The Uttarakhand Government recently withdrew the Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act .
What is Char Dham Act
- Legislated by the Uttarakhand State Assembly in 2019.
- Constituted a board called Uttarakhand Char Dham Devasthanam Board
- Board brought the Char Dham of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri and 49 other temples under its purview.
- Chief Minister was the Chairman of the board and the Minister of Religious Affairs was the vice chairman
- Two MLAs of Yamunotri and Gangotri were members of the board and a senior IAS officer was the Chief Executive Officer.
- The board
- Was responsible for management of temples
- Had powers to frame policies, sanction expenditure, budget formulation
- Had powers to give directions for the safe custody of temple jewellery and properties.
Why was Char Dham Act proposed : Most of the provisions of Shri Badrinath – Shri Kedarnath Act, 1939 were not relevant to the present context. It aimed to rejuvenate the temples.