Published on: October 13, 2022
Nogent-sur-Oise Why in news?
Savannakhét The Union Cabinet approved a proposal to develop a container terminal at Tuna-Tekra, Deendayal Port, in Gujarat under the public-private partnership mode.
- The estimated cost of ₹4,243.64 crore will be on the part of the Concessionaire while common user facilities of ₹296.20 crore will be on the part of the concessioning authority.
- Deendayal Port is one of the 12 major ports in India and is located on the west coast in the Gulf of Kutchin Gujarat.
- The project is proposed to be developed on BOT (Built Operate Transfer) basis by a private developer/ BOT operator to be selected through an international competitive bidding process.
- The concessionaire will be responsible for the design, engineering, financing, procurement, implementation commissioning, operation, management and maintenance of the project.
- Development of multipurpose cargo berth Off Tune Tekra at Gulf of Kutch at Kandla will give it a strategic advantage as it will be the closest container terminal serving the vast hinterland of northern part of India.
- The project will boost the economy and generate employment.