Published on: October 5, 2021
DRDO DARE TO DREAM 2.0 AWARDS
What is in news : Defence Minister felicitated the winners of ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ Contest organised by Defence Research & Development Organisation
- Awards were given to 40 winners, including 22 in Individual category and 18 in Start-up category.
- On the occasion, ‘Dare to Dream 3.0’ was also launched to promote innovators & start-ups and provide a platform for the young ignited minds in the country.
- Minister also presented “DRDO Young Scientists awards” for the year 2019. 16 DRDO scientists, aged under 35 years, were awarded for their outstanding contribution in fields of their expertise.
- Dare to Dream Contest : Was launched by DRDO across India to promote Indian academicians, individuals and start-ups for developing emerging defence and aerospace technologies or systems. Under the contest, DRDO provides technical and financial support to the winners, in a bid to realise their ideas under “Technology Development Fund (TDF) scheme”.
- On the occasion, three indigenously developed products or systems by DRDO were handed over to Armed Forces:
- ARINC818 Video Processing and Switching Module: It has been developed for Indian Air Force. The state-of-the-art module comprises of high bandwidth, channel bonding, low latency and easy networking. It was provided for 5thgeneration aircraft development programmes.
- Sonar Performance Modelling System: It was developed for the Indian Navy. It is useful for Indian Naval Ships, submarines as well as under water surveillance stations etc.
- Bund Blasting Device Mk-II: This device has been developed for Indian Army. It will help in reducing the height of Ditch-cum-Bund obstacles for enhancing mobility of mechanised infantry during wartime.