Published on: October 4, 2023
Why in news? Tripura launched an e-cabinet system at Agartala
- The e-cabinet system was launched by executives of the National Informatics Centre(NIC) as well as the Tripura’s information and cultural affairs department.
- In the debut e-cabinet meeting, the government approved a proposal to procure a loan from the Asian Development Bank, which has earlier provided soft loans with low interest rates.
- Tripura government had earlier introduced e-file and office systems in keeping with the Digital India campaign.
Features of the e-cabinet
- All future cabinet meetings in the state will be paperless, with ministers and bureaucrats will use tablets.
- State has developed e-cabinet app to facilitate uploading of cabinet memos marked with date and time and that ministers, the chief secretary, secretaries and other officials would be able to review and approve them online.
Benefits of e- cabinet
- It aims to promote digital infrastructure development and digitisation of government services and information.
- Expected to eliminate delays caused by the physical movement of paper documents and to infuse dynamism in the government’s decision-making process.
- The shift will increase transparency, efficiency and accountability
About e-cabinet system
- e-cabinet was launched on 2020 known as “e-Mantrimandal”
- It was developed by NIC and Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY).
- This software portal helps the union and state government to conduct digital cabinet meeting
- Tripura is the fourth state and second in the Northeast after Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh, to have an e-cabinet system.