Published on: October 4, 2023
Why in news? South-eastern division of Bengaluru police have adopted e-office
- southeastern division of the Bengaluru is the first in the city and the state to completely make it paperless.
- The project is adopted under the e-Office, a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National E-Governance Plan which is mandatory for the divisional-level offices
- All the stations and ACP offices are interconnected with deputy commissioner office and work through the digital mode.
What are the benefits of implementation ?
- It has helped to create transparency, convenience, efficiency and accountability and promote two-way communication.
- The digital mode of e-Office has streamlined administrative tasks and reduced paperwork, saving a lot of time
- It helps officers access matters related to administration – leaves, promotions, punishments, inquiry and others.
- Digital print cannot be manipulated and digital data can be backed up securely, that decreases the chances of loss
- It is a “software-based project” under the e-Governance plan of Government of India.
- The software was developed by National informatics centre(NIC) and centre for e-Governance is responsible for its implementation in the state.
- e-Office was approved by the Cabinet to be implemented as part of the 11th Five Year Plan.
The key components of e-Office
- File Management System (eFile): This includes creation of files, notings in the file, decision making at various levels, issue of decisions through letters and notifications.
- Knowledge Management System (KMS): It is a concept of a central repository of documents in an organization. It provides for users to create and manage electronic documents in the workflow, along with versions (tracking history) that can be easily viewed, searched, shared, and published. It logically organizes the content and standardizes content creation and presentation across an organization.
- Work from Anywhere (WAW) Portal: A gateway for virtual office from anywhere is a one stop-portal for office functions and connects the officials to securely access their office from anywhere.
- Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW): This system provisions for electronic filling of Performance Appraisal Reports (PAR) by Officers and provides for a online system based comprehensive appraisal dossier for each service member of the respective State & Central Government.
- Personnel Information Management System (PIMS): It helps in maintaining the details of the employees. These include identity, skill sets, contact details, postings, nominations, loans, salary details etc.