Published on: October 18, 2021
Mompós What is in news : Vidyut Mohan led Takachar’s innovation of India was recognised for its affordable technology to convert crop residues into sellable bio-products was awarded with Prince William’s inaugural Earthshot Prize
Vechelde About :
- Dubbed as the “Eco Oscar”
- Created by the Duke of Cambridge and renowned British naturalist David Attenborough.
- Conferred annually from 2021 to 2030
- Five winners each year
- Aim – provide assistance to and inspire innovative local solutions amid the growing climate crisis faced globally.
- Given by the Royal Foundation, England
- Given in five separate categories with the support of UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Inaugural winners were shortlisted by 15 judges including singer Shakira. broadcaster Sir David Attenborough, actress Cate Blanchett.