Published on: April 1, 2023
Why in news? The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has released images of Earth captured by the EOS-06 satellite.
- The images are a mosaic generated by the ISRO’s National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC).
- NRSC/ISRO has generated a global False Colour Composite (FCC) mosaic from the images captured by the Ocean Colour Monitor (OCM) payload on board EOS-06.
- Mosaic with 1 km spatial resolution is generated by combining 2939 individual images, after processing 300 GB data to show the Earth and OCM senses the Earth in 13 distinct wavelengths to provide information about global vegetation cover on Land and Ocean Biota for global oceans.
About EOS-06 satellite
- EOS-06 provides continued services of Oceansat-2 with enhanced payload capability and carries four payloads OCM-, Sea Surface Temperature Monitor, Ku-Band Scatterometer, ARGOS.
- The EOS-06 is envisaged to observe ocean colour data, sea surface temperature and wind vector data for use in oceanography, climatic and meteorological applications.
- The satellite also supports value-added products such as potential fishing zone using chlorophyll, SST and wind speed and land-based geophysical parameters