Published on: July 20, 2021
FARMERS PROFUCERS ORGANIZATION
http://eaa25.org/wp-admin/cgialfa What : Voluntary organizations controlled by their farmer-members who actively participate in setting their policies and making decisions.
http://drrickforbus.com/tag/diversity/ Benefits :
- All persons will use their services without discrimination
- Operatives provide education and training for their farmer-members
- Engage farmers in collective farming and address productivity issues emanating from small farm sizes.
- Provide low-cost and quality inputs to member farmers
- Aggregation of produce and bulk transport reduces marketing cost, thus, enhancing net income of the producer
- Regular supply of produce and quality control is possible through proper planning and management
- Access to financial resources against the stock, without collaterals.
- Lack of trained manpower who can manage business professionally
- Not financially strong enough to deliver vibrant products and services to their members and build confidence
- Inadequate Access to Credit
- Inadequate access to basic infrastructure required for aggregation like transport facilities, storage, value addition and processing, brand building and marketing