Published on: April 28, 2022
FASAL BIMA PATHSHALA
Government has urged insurance companies to conduct ‘Fasal Bima Pathshalas’
Kyrenia FASAL BIMA PATHSHALA
- All insurance Companies implementing Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) have to organise ‘PMFBY- Fasal Bima Pathshala’ at Block/GP/village with participation of at least 100 farmers under ‘Kisan Bhagidari Prathmikta Hamari Campaign’.
- At the Pathshalas-
- Farmers will be informed on PMFBY basic scheme provisions, importance of insuring the crops and how to avail scheme benefits
- Enlighten farmers as to how to intimate crop losses during calamities, how to track their applications and whom to approach for grievance redressal
- How farmers can enroll under RWBCIS (Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme) and avail benefits
- Contact details of district and block level functionaries and offices of implementing Insurance Companies, Toll-Free number, email, or any other mechanism developed by ICs like chatbot, separate App etc will be explained in elaborative manner.
PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA
- Launched in February 2016
- Provide financial support to farmers suffering crop loss/damage arising out of natural calamities and was made voluntary since 2020
- Farmers have to pay a maximum 2% of premium amount for Kharif, 1.5% for Rabi food and oilseed crops and 5% for commercial/horticultural crops
- The balance of actuarial/bidded premium is shared by the Central and State Government on 50 : 50 basis and in case of North Eastern States on 90 : 10 basis from Kharif 2020.
- Been able to provide financial assistance to the most vulnerable farmers, as around 85% of the farmers enrolled with the scheme are small and marginal farmers
- Farmers have to report crop loss within 72 hours of the occurrence of any event through Crop Insurance App , CSC Centre or to the nearest agriculture officer and claim benefit will be transferred electronically into the bank accounts of the eligible farmer