Published on: November 10, 2022
Why in news?
Prime Minister unveiled the Logo, Theme and Website of India’s G20 Presidency
- Inspired from the vibrant colours of India’s national flag – saffron, white and green, and blue.
- It juxtaposes planet Earth with the lotus, India’s national flower that reflects growth amid challenges.
- The Earth reflects India’s pro-planet approach to life, one in perfect harmony with nature.
- Below the G20 logo is “Bharat”, written in the Devanagari script.
- Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or “One Earth One Family One Future” is drawn from the ancient Sanskrit text of the Maha Upanishad.
- Essentially, the theme affirms the value of all life – human, animal, plant, and microorganisms – and their interconnectedness on the planet Earth and in the wider universe.
- It also spotlights LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment), with its associated, environmentally sustainable and responsible choices, both at the level of individual lifestyles as well as national development, leading to globally transformative actions resulting in a cleaner, greener and bluer future.