GLOBAL NETWORK OF SILK CITIES
Bengaluru has become the first Indian city to get into the global network of silk cities
buy dapoxetine with paypal ABOUT THE GLOBAL NETWORK OF SILK CITIES
- There are 9 countries and 13 cities in the network
- It is part of Silk Metropolis community
- The Network helps artisans and craftsmen to exchange knowledge, build trade relations and understand various craftsmanship techniques.
- In 2011, Ms. Moulin created the Silk me Again, a method that carefully combines heritage and modern expressions, combining scientific, technical and creative views on the theme of silk and textiles.
THE CENTRAL SILK BOARD
It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka and was established in 1948 as a statutory body. It functions under the Ministry of Textiles.
Roles of the Central Silk Board include:
- Preparing Silk industries report
- Measures to be taken for the development of the silk industry
- Import-export of silk
- Research and development