Published on: April 7, 2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA – ENVIRONMENT INITIATIVES
Government of India launched various initiatives relating to environment
WHAT INITIATIVES WERE LAUNCHED
- Mascot named ‘Prakriti’ was launched with the aim of spreading awareness among the people of the country about the small changes that can contribute to a better environment for the nation’s future generations
- National Dashboard on Elimination of Single-Use Plastic and Plastic Waste Management was launched with the aim of bringing together all stakeholders including the central ministries, state and UT Governments, etc, and tracking the progress made for the elimination of single-use plastic along with effective plastic waste management
- Extended Producer Responsibility Portal for Plastic Packaging was launched for enhancing, traceability, accountability, and transparency as well as to facilitate the ease of reporting to EPR Obligations by importers, producers, and brand owners
- Mobile App for Single-Use Plastics Grievance Redressal was launched so that the citizens of the country are empowered to check the sale, manufacturing, and usage of single-use plastics in their respective areas and to address the plastic menace.
- Monitoring module for Single-Use Plastics has been launched so that details of the sale, production, and usage of single-use plastics can be monitored in commercial establishments at the district level, and the enforcement of the single-use plastic ban
- Industrial production of Graphene from Waste Plastic has been launched so that more industries come forward to address plastic waste.