Why in news? AI powerhouse OpenAI announced GPT-4, the next big update to the technology that powers ChatGPT and Microsoft Bing, the search engine using the tech.
What is GPT-4?
- GPT-4 is a large multimodal model created by OpenAI.
- Multimodal models can encompass more than just text that also accepts images as input.
- Meanwhile, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5 only operated in one modality, text, meaning users could only ask questions by typing them out.
- GPT-4 also exhibits human-level performance on various professional and academic benchmarks.
Ex: For example, it can “answer tax-related questions, schedule a meeting among three busy people, or learn a user’s creative writing style.”
- It is also capable of handling over 25,000 words of text, opening up a greater number of use cases that now also include long-form content creation, document search and analysis, and extended conversations.