Published on: January 7, 2022
GREEN ENERGY CORRIDOR PHASE-II
http://bfnionizers.com/support/static-electricity-in-cleanrooms.html Cabinet approves Intra-State Transmission System – Green Energy Corridor Phase-II
- Facilitate grid integration and power evacuation of about 20 GW of renewable energy (RE) projects
- In seven states — Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- Implemented during 2021-22 to 2025-26 fiscal years.
- Help in offsetting the intra-state transmission charges and keep the power costs down. Thus, the government support will ultimately benefit the end users.
- Help in achieving the target of 450 GW installed RE capacity by 2030.
- Contribute to long-term energy security of the country and promote ecologically sustainable growth by reducing the carbon footprint.
- Alternative transmission system for renewable energy (RE) power projects.
- During the first phase of GEC, inter-state transmission projects were constructed by state-owned Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) and some projects were awarded to private players through competitive bidding.