HAR GHAR DASTAK 2.0
Why in news?
The Har Ghar Dastak campaign 2.0 commenced across the country to ensure complete Covid-19 vaccination of all eligible beneficiaries, with special focus on inoculation of those in the 12-14 age group and precaution dose for those above 60.
- The two-month long door-to-door campaign will run between June 1 and July 31.
- The first Har Ghar Dastak campaign was conducted in November last year. So far, 193.6 crore doses have been administered across the country.
- Nearly 96.3% of those above 15 years of age have received at least one dose and 86.3% have got both the doses of the vaccine.
- The states have been asked to come up with micro-plans to widen the coverage
The aim of this campaign is to vaccinate all the eligible population groups across the country for the first, second, and precaution doses via door-to-door campaigns. This campaign will be focusing on:
- old age homes
- out-of-school children (for coverage of children between 12 to 18 years of age)
- brick kilns
- Prisons, etc.
- This Health Ministry is being supported by UNICEF in this campaign