Published on: April 13, 2022
Helina: Anti-Tank Guided Missile
India has successfully flight-tested Helina, an Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM), in Pokhran
buy ivermectin canada DETAILS
- Developed by the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), Hyderabad under the Missiles and Strategic Systems (MSS) cluster of the DRDO
- Maximum range of seven kilometers and has been designed and developed for integration on the weaponized version of the ALH (Advanced Light Helicopter)
- Has all-weather, day, and night capability and can defeat battle tanks with conventional armour as well as explosive reactive armour
- Developed for integration with choppers in both the Army and the Air Force
- The Air Force version of Helina is sometimes referred to as Dhruvastra
- Can engage targets both in direct hit mode as well as top attack mode
- Top Attack Mode: In this mode, the missile is required to climb sharply after launch and travel at a certain altitude, and then plunge on the top of the target.
- Direct Hit Mode: The missile travels at a lower altitude, directly striking the target.