Published on: March 7, 2023
buy modafinil uk next day Why in news? buy modafinil sun pharma Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution reported that, the sale of gold jewellery will not be allowed without a Hallmark Unique Identification (HUID) number.
Khairāgarh What is HUID number on gold jewellery?
- HUID number is low price rx online website cytotec a six-digit alphanumeric code.
- It is given to every piece of jewellery at the time of hallmarking, and is a unique identifier for each gold item.
- The jewellery is stamped with the unique number manually at the Assaying & Hallmarking centre.
- It will be easy to trace the individual piece of jewellery, and is a guarantee of quality.
- In HUID-based Hallmarking, registration of jewellers is automatic with no human interference.
- It is a secure system and poses no risk to data privacy or security
Why is hallmarking of gold jewellery important?
- Hallmark is a mark on gold jewellery which is affixed by an entity recognised by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) to assure its fineness and purity
How to check for this hallmark?
- A BIS Hallmark consists of three symbols — the BIS logo, a symbol to indicate the purity and fineness of the jewellery, and then the HUID.
- 22K916 is a 22 carat gold piece of jewellery that has 91.6 percent gold.
- 18K750 is an 18 carat gold piece of jewellery has 75 percent gold.
- 14K585 is a 14 carat gold piece of jewellery has 5 percent gold.
How can you check the purity of old jewellery?
- Purity of gold jewellery can be checked at any BIS-recognized Assaying and Hallmarking Centre with minimal fee of Rs 200.
- Consumer cannot apply to the Assaying and Hallmarking Centre for getting a hallmark on her gold jewellery. This has to be done through a BIS-registered jeweller.
What are the benefits of hallmarking?
- The most important benefit is that the consumer is aware of the quality of the product she is buying and will not be cheated.
- Since the quality of the jewellery is guaranteed, that piece will fetch a higher price when re-sold.
- Banks are likely to give loans on better terms if the mortgaged jewellery is hallmarked.