IMPORTANT SCIENCE SCHEMES
buy modafinil uk debit card Prime minister discussed important schemes that inspired children to dream of future with S&T at an event
The MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge) awards programme
- Under the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research’ (INSPIRE) scheme
- Flagship programme of DST
- Targets to generate one million original ideas/innovations rooted in science and societal applications
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovative thinking among school children specially between Class 6 to 10.
- Awards are being executed by DST with National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST
Vigyan Jyoti programme
- By DST
- Encouraging around 10000 young girls of Class IX-XII in 100 districts of the country to pursue higher education in underrepresented areas of STEM, in higher educational institutions of excellence
- Provides a scholarship, visit to nearby scientific institutions, science camps, lecturers from eminent women scientists, and career counseling.
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Mentorship and scholarship support is provided to pursue study in Basic Sciences.
- Administered and implemented by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
- Identifies students with talent and aptitude for research, helps them realize their potential to attract exceptionally motivated students to study science and pursue careers in research.
National Science Olympiad Programme
- Aims at promoting excellence in Science and Mathematics among pre-university students
- Homi Bhaba Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai is the nodal organization for selection and training of students is done through Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) for participation of students at various International Olympiads meet.
The India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP)
- Is a tripartite initiative of DST, Lockheed Martin and Tata Trusts
- Aims at selecting innovations to create large scale social impact and bring industrial transformation in India.
- Aims to support Government of India’s ‘Start-up India’ and ‘Make in India’ initiatives.
- Grants to winners seek to enable their prototyping the proposed technology solutions and begin the process of evaluating and applying these technologies and solutions for social, commercial and industrial benefit.