Published on: January 2, 2023
India and Austria
- It will be stepping stone to resolving issues over the long-pending India-European Union (EU) Free Trade Agreement and facilitating Indian professionals working in these countries.
- This is a much-needed agreement, as increase in illegal migration Austria in last year, including over 15,000 illegal migrants from India with no chance of asylum.
- The agreement is a useful tool to combat illegal migration together, as it enables the swift return of illegal migrants.
- It will regulate multiple entry visas for professionals and student exchange programmes, and will be reviewed regularly by a Joint Working Group.
Migration and mobility agreement with other countries
- France, the United Kingdom, Germany and Finland