Published on: February 1, 2023
Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies (iCET)
Why in news? US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval are scheduled to meet at the White House along with their respective high-powered delegations for the inaugural iCET dialogue
- The iCET was launched during the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and U.S. President Biden at the Quad meeting in Tokyo last year
- ICET is being run by the National Security Councils of the two countries
- This dialogue will accelerate America’s technology partnership and strategic convergence and policy alignment with India
- It also strengthens the US-India partnership on the technologies that will drive global growth, bolster both countries’ economic competitiveness, and protect shared national security interests.
- iCET successfully deliberated on the deployment of Open RAN technology for 5G to create trusted sources, trusted networks, and trusted partners,