Published on: January 10, 2022
http://peterabbott.co.uk/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1640822727.6963829994201660156250 INS Vikrant, is likely to be commissioned in 2022.It successfully conducted Sea Trials
- Built as part of Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Also called Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1, is an aircraft carrier constructed by the Cochin Shipyard Limited for the Indian Navy
- Named Vikrant after the decommissioned maiden carrier of the Navy
- At present, India has only one aircraft carrier, the Russian-origin INS Vikramaditya
- Will have an air component of 30 aircraft, comprising MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 airborne early warning helicopters and the soon-to-be-inducted MH-60R multi-role helicopter, besides the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopters.
- Speed : 30 knots (approximately 55 kmph)
- Shipborne weapons include Barak LR SAM and AK-630, while it has MFSTAR and RAN-40L 3D radars as sensors. The vessel has a Shakti EW (Electronic Warfare) Suite.