Published on: January 20, 2022
INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC CHANGE
Institute for Social and Economic Change celebrates mark its golden jubilee
- Social science research institute
- Location – Bangalore
- Founded in 1972
- Largest among the 27 institutions supported by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
- One of three major institutions established by Prof. V. K. R. V. Rao, along with the Delhi School of Economics and the Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi.
- President – Governor of Karnataka
- Helps in in formulating policies in various social and economic sectors, which contributed to the upliftment of weaker sections in Karnataka.
- Played the role of a catalyst while guiding the Karnataka Government in formulating policies in agriculture, finance, rural development, administration, governance and poverty reduction.
ABOUT V. K. R. V. Rao
- Vijayendra Kasturi Ranga Varadaraja Rao
- 8 July 1908 – 25 July 1991
- Indian economist, politician and educator
- Born at Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu
- A and M.A in economics from Bombay University before earning another B.A from Cambridge where he was a member of Gonville & Caius College.
- Awarded the Ph.D. of Cambridge in 1937
- Studied with John Maynard Keynes.