Published on: June 3, 2021
What is the news : Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed three types of cost-effective ventilators and an oxygen concentrator.
- 3 ventilators have been named as Prana, VayU and Svasta while oxygen cylinder has been named as Shwaas.
- All three are user-friendly and fully automated along with touch-screen specifications. It meets all safety standards
About Prana, VayU, Svasta and Shwaas
- VSSC will transfer the Technology for commercial production of these three ventilators and one oxygen concentrator.
- Prana ventilator will deliver respiratory gas to patient by automated compression of Ambu bag
- Svasta ventilator will work without electric power
- VayU is a low-cost ventilator similar to commercial high-end ventilators in use.
- Shwaas oxygen cylinder is capable of supplying 10 litres of enriched oxygen per minute and is adequate for two patients at a time. It enhances oxygen gas content by selectively separating nitrogen gas from ambient air through Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA). PSA is commonly used for production of oxygen from the air.