Published on: September 27, 2021
What is in news : The Karnataka government has decided to renovate 11 schools, where Jnanpith awardees studied
About Jnanapith :
- It has achieved the recognition of the highest literary award of the country.
- English along with other Indian languages is considered for the Award.
- The Award is open for only Indian citizens and is given annually.
- The prize carries a cash award of Rs. 11 lakhs, a citation, and a bronze replica of Vagdevi (Saraswati), the goddess of learning.
- It is sponsored by the cultural organization Bharatiya Jnanpith.