KARNATAKA HEC – NASSCOM MOU
What is in news : To equip students pursuing higher education courses in Karnataka with industry-aligned skills, the state government announced its official collaboration with the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
- Partnership is expected to benefit more than 5 lakh students (studying in government and private institutions) every year.
- Make skill development courses available on the ‘Future Skills Prime’ platform of NASSCOM available to all students and faculty members of higher education institutions across the state
- All universities have been covered
- Courses Identified – digital fluency, artificial intelligence, and cyber security
- Free of cost to non-computer science students and faculty members
- Non-profit global trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry
- Established in 1988
- Over 1500 members, of which over 250 are companies from the US, UK, EU, Japan and China.
- Facilitates business and trade in software and services and encourages the advancement of research in software technology.
- Registered under the Indian Societies Act, 1860.
- Headquartered in New Delhi, India with regional offices in the cities of Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune and Kolkata.