Published on: September 24, 2023
Kisan Rin Portal
Why in news? Indian government launched the Kisan Rin Portal with the weather portal WIND
What are the features of Kisan Rin Portal?
- It aims to give farmers subsidised loans under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme
- Portal developed in collaboration with multiple government departments.
- It will offer a comprehensive view of farmer data, scheme utilisation progress, loan disbursement specifics, and interest subvention claims to increase seamless integration with banks for more effective and efficient agriculture credit.
- Portal to leverage advanced weather data analytics to give stakeholders actionable insight to make informed weather decisions on agriculture.
- It provides a comprehensive manual to stakeholders for an in-depth understanding of the portal functionalities, data interpretations and effective utilisation, empowering farmers, policymakers and various agricultural entities to make well-informed decisions.
- The portal also shares the ministry’s parametric crop insurance scheme, along with non-scheme parametric insurance programmes for crop risk mitigation and disaster risk reduction and mitigation being run by the insurance industry.