Published on: November 9, 2021
KITTUR RANI CHENNAMMA
http://yookyoungyong.com/?add-to-cart=352 Mumbai-Karnataka region rechristened as Kittur Karnataka. The name Kittur comes after a historical taluk in Belagavi district in north Karnataka that was ruled by Rani Chennamma
- Indian queen of Kittur.
- Kittur was a princely state in Karnataka
- Fought against the British East India company against the Doctrine of Lapse in 1824. Defeated the Britishers. However, she died in the imprisonment of second rebellion by the company.
- One of the first female rulers to fight against the Britishers
- Became the symbol of independence movement in India.
- Born in Kakati (village is now located in Belgavi district) in 1778.
- Her husband and son died in 1824
- Adopted Shivalingappa in 1824 and made him the heir to the throne and ruled in his name
- Vctory of Rani Chennamma is celebrated during the Kittur Utsav till date, in October