Published on: September 8, 2023
Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
Why in news? Recently, 10th year anniversary celebrations of Ksheera Bhagya Yojana was organised
- The function was organized by Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers Federation and District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union in Madhugiri.
About Ksheera Bhagya Programme
- Scheme was launched by Karnataka Milk Federation in association with Lower and Higher Education Department, Women & Child Department on 1st August 2013.
Who benefits from the programme?
- All Anganwadi and school children (6 months to 6 years at Anganwadis and children in class 1 to class 10 in government and government aided schools) are to be given milk at the centre and schools.
- As part of the scheme, children with normal weight are to be provided with 150 ml of milk for five days a week
- Severely underweight children are to be provided with 200 ml of milk for five days a week and anganwadis beneficiaries will be given six days a week
- Student should be resident of Karnataka state
- Students from Class 1st to 10th studying in government and government-aided schools and Anganwadi children’s will get benefits under this scheme
- The milk is provided for 5 days in a week
- Only government and government-aided schools and anganwadis are eligible for this scheme
Objectives of Ksheera Bhagya Scheme:
- To prevent malnutrition in children
- To improve the nutritional and health status of children