Published on: November 3, 2022
Why in news?
A suspension bridge in the city of Morbi that crossed the river collapsed Which was reopened after repairs and renovation done by a private trust
- It was a pedestrian suspension bridge over the Machchhu River
- It was connecting the districts of Mahaprabhuji and Samakantha
- Dates for its construction vary, but according to locals it was built in the 1880’s by Waghji Thakore, the local maharajah.
- Machchhu River is a river in Gujarat, India, with its origin in the Madla hills.
- Its basin has a small length of 130 km
- Left Beti, Asoi
- RightJamburi, Benia, Machchhori, Maha
- Mouth :The Rann of kutchh near Maliya