Madan Mohan Malaviya
buy generic ivermectin Why in news? Prime Minister paid tributes to Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya on his Jayanti(December 25) at parliament
where to buy antabuse Highlights
About Madan Mohan Malaviya
- He was an Indian scholar, educational reformer and politician notable for his role in the Indian independence movement.
- President of the Indian National Congress four times
- He was addressed as Pandit, a title of respect, and also as Mahamana (Great Soul)
Founder/Co- Founder :
- Founder of Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha.
- Co-founded the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at Varanasi in 1916
- Founders of The Bharat Scouts and Guide
- Vice chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University from 1919 to 1938.
- Founded a highly influential English newspaper, The Leader
- Chairman of Hindustan Times from 1924 to 1946.
- His efforts resulted in the launch of its Hindi edition named Hindustan Dainik in 1936.
- Was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian distinction
- Malaviya was a delegate at the Second Round Table Conference
- In protest against the Communal Award to provide separate electorates for minorities, Malaviya and Madhav Shrihari Aney left the Congress and started the Congress Nationalist Party.
- Malaviya founded Ganga Mahasabha to oppose the damming of the Ganga.
- The slogan “Satyameva Jayate” (Truth alone triumphs) is also a legacy of Malaviya
- Malaviya started the tradition of Aarti at Har ki Pauri Haridwar to the sacred Ganga river which is performed even today.